Optimal maintenance starts with strong best practices
Everything starts with a good basis. The same goes for maintenance and asset management. Optimal maintenance management starts with strong, well thought-out best practices.
The award for Best Improvement in Maintenance & Asset Management rewards organisations that have taken a major step forward in the applied maintenance and asset management practices. In principle, all types of improvement processes are eligible, i.e. both technical and organisational improvements.
Download the questions to prepare your participation:
Why should you participate?
- Show that your company is innovative and ready for the future
- Be proud of what you have realised
- Discover other new ways of improvement
Procedure of the competition
- Apply before 1 August, 2020
- Participation is free
- Our jury will select 3 finalists on 30 August, 2020
- Each finalist will prepare a presentation of 30 minutes, to be presented at Maintenance 2020 on October 7
- During the award show on October 7, 2020, the winner will be announced
What can you win?
- A trophy for the winner and a certificate for all finalists
- For each winner, a bonus worth € 500, which you can use to pamper your team. The incentive will be decided on mutual agreement. You can buy t-shirts, organise a dinner, or give gift certificates.
- Significant and positive media attention in the specialized press for you, your team, your company and the innovation or best practices you apply
- An interesting networking dinner with the other finalists and the jury
Life cycle planning and long term asset programs
Aquafin wants to increase the reliability of pumping stations, plants and networks via risk-based maintenance, together with a long term plan for renovations and replacements.
Preventing unforeseen failures with the Motion Amplification camera : WINNER
The main driver of this improvement project is the reliability of extruders in the finishing department. Thanks to a combination of Root Cause Analysis and the Motion Amplification Camera, Arlanxeo can now get to the roots of unpredictable failures.
Implementing a reliability policy
With this project, NLMK wants to break the recurring circle of short-term breakdowns and go to the roots of the problems, so they can cut back the failure time and increase the working ratio.